Monday, January 10, 2011

Did you even see Julie & Julia?

Yes, I did. And switching between two different decades really blew my mind. But aside from that I realized what the movie was all about. Amy Adams wrote about something she cared about, threw it into cyber space and had a movie made about her. And now it's my turn.
My little project will be listening to every album that has won the Grammy Award for Album of The Year, and then writing about it. I'll be doing as little historical research as I can and hopefully we can just enjoy these pieces for what they are and understand their importance to the year they come from and how they influence us now. There are about 50 albums to go through, from Frank Sinatra to Taylor Swift, Outkast, Jagged Little Pill, Barbara Streisand, etc. I don't even really know what the Grammys are. Maybe i'll figure out what makes them so important; who gets to decide the best anyhow? There's a time and place for every album under the sun. Until next time, Turn turn turn.

No comments:

Post a Comment